- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Designer - 90131327
Posting Range:6 Nov 2017 - 18 Dec 2017
As a Barclays Digital Designer you will be helping to make banking a more enjoyable and less stressful experience for our millions of customers every day. You will have the opportunity to work with key stakeholders across the business, to leverage expertise in customer insight, technology and product to rapidly develop and progress innovative ideas and solutions to meet our customer needs.
Working from our Head Office in Canary Wharf, you will join us at an exciting time as we drive change in the market to become the digital leader and 'go-to' bank. We are investing in our employees now in order to support our international business through a period of significant growth over the next two to three years.
The Design team provides Barclays with market-changing leadership in the Design and Digital product innovation and development arena, and drives the transformation and strategic integration of a global innovation platform.
As a Digital Designer, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Being a front end designer, driving innovative ideas to keep the Digital Design team at the forefront of digital design
• Synthesising the latest thinking and applying it to the unique circumstances of Barclays, including developing new patterns and behaviours in user interfaces
• Developing the strategy for the Digital UI/UX Design team at Barclays to ensure we are positioned to confront the changes and developments in banking and user interfaces in the coming 2-5 years
• Working from upstream design specifications (wireframes and the equivalent), or from suggested approaches, developing a variety of graphical design artefacts
• Supporting the Senior Digital Designer and Lead Digital Designers
As a Digital Designer your skills and qualifications will include:
• A genuine passion for digital experiences and design from product to typography
• An understanding of how to create designs that customers love to use, ideally with some familiarity with design for digital, including mobile applications
• Previous experience of designing and launching mobile applications for at least one of the following platforms; iOS, Windows or Android
• Previous experience of designing web based experiences
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You’ll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select