- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Desktop Specialist Solution Lead - 90219392
Posting Range:5 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
To lead and manage the change activities within the Desktop, Devices and Print service line in BCS.A cross platform technical expert that works across technical boundaries. To lead design and implement technical change in support of projects and programmes. To drive and implement operational improvements with engineering
What will you be doing?
• To work alongside the Head of Tech Ops for Desktop Device and Print
• Working alongside Get2One programme driving operational improvements
• Working with Operational SME’s and Engineering to simplify usage processes, tooling and technology
• Senior stakeholder management – acting as point of contact / relationship manager for software distribution into BCS, GTIS, GIS and our Business Units.
• Pro-actively identify and implement improvements to the service.
• driving change to support Microsoft Evergreen of desktop
What we’re looking for:
• Technical expertise covering technologies such Windows, Desktops, Builds, Patching, Packaging and Software Deployment, GPO’s, scripting and automation, GPO’s
• Technical expertise in Systems Management tools like SCCM
• Extensive knowledge of the relevant technology areas with extensive experience of leading multi-disciplined technical teams in a global organisation.
• Experience of working in a large enterprise estates with significant scale 50,000+ devices
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Technical understanding of Apple MAC OS and JAMF
• Proven ability to learn new technical skills and keep current with a rapidly developing technology landscape over a ten-year period.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and able to transfer skills and knowledge to other team members.
• A general awareness of current IT development and live systems within Barclays including architectures and strategies.
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.