- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Developer - 90214463
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: .Net Developer
About Barclays Partner Finance
Barclays Partner Finance (BPF) is one of the UK’s largest providers of point-of-sale finance. It offers finance products via a client distribution channel that helps consumers by making their purchases more affordable.
BPF has the 2nd largest share of the UK Retail Finance Market and the 3rd largest share of the Independent Motor market. Its strategic intent is designed to drive business performance whilst evolving to meet changes in its external markets and operating within the Bank’s control framework.
BPF’s aims are to:
· Lead the market on conduct and control
· Grow Retail
· Optimise Motor
· Develop new profit streams
· Make BPF a great place to work
Overall purpose of role
· Development and automated testing of in-house software products
· Participate in the Agile SCRUM process to ensure software deliverables meets business requirements
· Work with and mentor more-junior members of the development team
· Assist in the management of an Enterprise Backlog by providing expert technical knowledge
· Define best coding practices and help ensure these are adhered to via code-reviews
· Be prepared to be an active member of an Agile team and assist other areas when required
· To provide mentoring to more-junior members of the development team and wider IT community.
· Participate in the various SCRUM ceremonies including contributing to the Sprint Demos
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the SCRUM team
· Hands on development working in an Agile SCRUM team
· Responsible for full life cycle development
· Maintain and manage Source Control and Continuous Integration environment
· Provide development estimates as part of the Agile SCRUM team
· .NET 4.5 / C# / Visual Studio 2017
· ASP.NET Web API / WCF
· Comfortable with evolving requirements and emerging design
· Able to be a productive part of a collaborative team environment
· Service based distributed systems development
· Understanding and application of good software design principles and patterns
· Builds for production (incl. logging, monitoring, etc.)
· Able to work on brownfield as well as greenfield projects
· Source Control Management (ideally Git or Mercurial)
· Test first development (BDD, TDD, ATDD)
· Unit testing (e.g. NUnit, xUnit, MBUnit, MSTest)
· Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Team City, TFS)
· SQL Server 2012 / 2008
· Familiarity with a variety of architectural patterns and approaches
· Test automation (functional with Gherkin/SpecFlow, Selenium, performance, etc.)
· Solutions / Application architecture and design
· DevOps activities (e.g. virtualization, build/deploy scripts and tools, etc.)
· ASP.NET MVC
· NoSql databases (e.g. cloud storage, MongoDB, Couchbase)
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.