- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Developer - 90216765
Posting Range:24 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
This hands-on role, reporting to the Head of Engineering for Business Banking, will be responsible for designing and developing using Java the core business logic of our products that will be used by the channels.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for software engineering activities to develop highly usable, performant and available technology solutions
• Working as part of an Agile team to deliver against a product backlog and the goals committed by the team
• Support Engineering Managers to improve delivery processes and continuous integration pipeline
• Collaborate with other developers and supply chain technology teams to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
• Help create an energetic software engineering team who are passionate about technology, want to deliver the best software, and enjoy the work they do
What we’re looking for:
• Strong knowledge of Java development and object-oriented software design
• Familiarity with the development of REST APIs and knowledge of relevant design patterns and security principles
• Passionate about technology, evidenced through activities such as self-learning, contributions to online communities, GitHub commits, etc.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts with clarity to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience working with API management platforms such as MuleSoft, Apigee or Akana
• Experience developing using Spring/Springboot framework
• Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in OpenShift and public cloud environments.
Where will you be working?
• Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team
• As we’re based in the country side, we have accommodated many facilities including our subsidized canteen, onsite Starbucks café, Tennis and Squash Courts, Gym and shop
• We have a really open, friendly culture here at Radbroke and sense of community.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.