- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Developer Advocacy Team at Refinitiv promotes and fosters the successful use of Refinitiv APIs by developers within our industry, in fulfilment of the mission “help developers get their jobs done”. As a Developer Advocate, you’ll establish strong relationships with developers around the world by crafting great resources to help them build and integrate with Refinitiv platform APIs. This includes building sample apps, writing blog posts, creating tutorials and being a vocal proponent of our offerings and solutions both online and in person. You’ll foster developer communities, championing their interests and translate their feedback into actionable product insights.
This position within Platform Advocacy Team has a particular focus on developers who are not professional coders, but rather are professionals in financial markets who develop code and use scripts and applications they create to aid in their primary work responsibilities. For this reason understanding of financial markets, players, instruments as well as broad familiarity with user workflows in financial services industry are essential in this role.
- Create momentum and drive adoption of our platforms through your interactions with developers building applications and businesses.
- Champion Refinitiv content and developer products in person and online by presenting at events, writing technical tutorials, publishing articles and videos.
- Build inspiring demos, sample apps and continuously improve the developer experience of our APIs.
- Support our developer community by moderating Q&A forums on Refinitiv Developer Portal.
- Influence the direction of our developer products by gathering insights from the developer community. An ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is broadly familiar with user workflows in financial services industry.
- Understands at a high level most of the asset classes traded in financial markets: how they originate, how they’re traded and settled, how they’re valuated and priced etc.
- Is confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small.
- Is a hands-on coder comfortable in a variety of languages and environments.
- Is intellectually curious and has great problem-solving skills. You should be able to discuss and demonstrate:
- Understanding of user workflows in financial services industry.
- Products or projects you’ve worked on.
- What you find most interesting about Refinitiv offerings. Desired skills:
- Demonstrable experience in writing blogs or maintaining profile in online communities.
- Deep knowledge of Windows operating system
- Experience troubleshooting software application issues.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of software and system design from analysis to implementation and deployment.
- High level understanding of communication protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSocket.
- Motivated and capable of quickly picking up new technical skills through either formal or self-organised learning. As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
London-United Kingdom;Hong Kong-Hong Kong;Singapore-Singapore;Singapore-Bangkok-Thailand