- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER, UK
Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Zephus is the research arm of BvD and as a Software Engineer you will be working in and around the team based in Salford Quays. Working on business-critical systems that are needed for data researchers to enter data and create databases. As a Software Engineer you will fulfil the following responsibilities with little to moderate guidance of more senior team members in the IT team in Brussels and engage with business leaders in Manchester:
- Take ownership of stories and interpret business requirements from Zephus management
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Provide input into technical design, at the story and/or module level.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of Associate Software Engineers.
Mentor Associate Software Engineers.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
- Professional software development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Experience with both relational databases, familiar with NoSQL databases
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
Experienced in Programming Languages: C#, SQL, VB
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.