- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Technology Consulting
Company size: 5k-10k people
Company type: Private
About Slalom UK
We are makers, thinkers, and doers.
We believe in the power of teams. We break down silos and collaborate across disciplines to collectively tackle the things that matter most to you and our clients.
4 years ago we started to build a world-class engineering team with a passion for clean and well-tested code. Today, with over 150 of us in the London office we are aiming to build a great Product Engineering team in the UK and beyond.
At Slalom we have our very own Product engineering methodology (PEM) https://www.slalombuild.com/product-engineering-methodology PEM is a living, breathing delivery framework in which we arrange people, skillsets, and ideas into fluid, agile teams.
Who You Are
You’re a builder. In the truest sense of the word. But you’re also a tinkerer, an explorer, an I-can-make-this-better-er. Your code sings, your protocols are airtight, your deployments legion. And legendary. But, most importantly, your curiosity is boundless. Because true builders like you are always asking why – and surrounding themselves with people, teams, and organizations that do the same. You’re ready to be coached, pushed, held accountable to the highest standards.
- Adept in one or more of the following languages:
- JVM stack: such as Java or Scala
- .NET stack: such as C#, ASP.NET or .NET Core
- Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C), or Hybrid (Xamarin, Ionic, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Fluency with multi-platform software utilizing various programming environments and tools
- Strong understanding and knowledge of agile methodologies
- Knowledge of domain-driven design and application design patterns
- Knowledge of QA processes and test-driven development
- Experience influencing software design and technology selection
- Contributing to the shared knowledge of various technologies in different development communities
- Mentored and developed fellow engineers
- Have developed (either personally or professionally) a mobile app
- Familiarity with building cloud-native applications (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Familiar with relational (SQL) and non-relational (document, key-value, column, graph) databases
Sound like you? Then welcome home, builder. We have lots to talk about.
Find your happy place
Snacks? Sure. Shuffle-board? Check. All the coffee, juice, and bubbly water you could ever put in your face? Yeah, and then some. But really, that’s the kind of stuff anyone can say. What’s unique to Slalom, though, is the sheer amount of recognition we’ve received for the awesomeness of our workplaces. And we’re sure you’ll agree.
2019 Best Places to Work. For the fourth consecutive year, Slalom is on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
100 Percent Corporate Equality Index For the fourth year running, Slalom is proud to be named the best place to work for LGBT equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
2019 Highest Rated CEO With a 94% approval rating, Brad Jackson has been named a Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO four years in a row.
Not ticking all the boxes yet?
Our practices are growing, with a plan to grow by 50% within the next 12 months.
The timing may not be right or you’re having questions, doubts? Let’s connect and have a chat!