- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Development Producer FTC
TV Content & Production
The Development Producer is part of the CNBC editorial team and is expected to develop and propose innovative creative solutions (using all assets available to CNBC clients; digital, video / TV, events, research, etc.) for CNBC’s audience and for its commercial partners. This role works within the CNBC editorial features team, reporting to an Executive Producer.
- closely with team members in London and Singapore to deliver creative and innovative content ideas for all CNBC platforms.
- Work with the editorial team to respond to commercial briefs for all CNBC platforms.
- Work with the editorial team to develop pure editorial content for all CNBC platforms.
- Editorial based responses will range from verbal input at meetings to producing text and footage based content that best captures the development idea.
- Proposing and presenting the development idea directly to CNBC Catalyst team (CNBC’s in-house advertising agency) so that they fully understand and are immersed in the pitch.
- Provide an accurate approximation of production costs involved with the development idea and to communicate that to the front line sales team (for media planning).
- Create project plans and assist in the deal review process for every successfully converted proposal to ensure a smooth hand-over from pitch to contract and then to execution/production.
- Keep up-to-date with industry and technological advancements particularly in digital advertising/targeting and b2b events and evolve development ideas and presentation process appropriately.
- Staying informed on:
o Business news, how CNBC covers it and the key business and political newsmakers.
o CNBC’s regional programming and editorial schedules (TV and digital).
o Regional regulatory environments for media owners.
o Competitive landscape – other media owner; strategies, client wins/losses.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in TV and digital content development.
- Experience in creating presentations using ‘PowerPoint.’
- Extensive experience in working with an editor to create compelling visual representations of the development idea (promo/mood/sizzle reels).
- Experience developing or producing factual programming for broadcast on either TV on online.
- Experience in fully developing a campaign (from creation to execution).
- Excellent, innovative and persuasive, written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- A passion for creating innovative content.
- An ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressured environment; meet deadlines and effectively prioritise projects.
CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.