- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Device Management Engineer to join a government organisation, delivering critical business applications that are vital to the support and successful completion of business operations. These applications are installed on technical platforms and infrastructure and accessed by a range of devices that provide the interface between the user and the applications all of which are essential to successful delivery of the service to ensure business operations can be maintained.
This role is responsible for working to maintain and configure all corporate user devices including any hardware build, refresh or hardware and firmware upgrades enabling business operations to meet security, statutory and regulatory requirements to ensure services are delivered.
- Undertake tasks required to meet Service and Operational levels and Device Performance targets that enable business operations to continue successfully
- Use market knowledge and vendor technology road maps to support alignment between applications and User Device capability and configuration ensuring efficient technical operation and mitigating any risk of unplanned cost whilst exploiting new and innovative technology development
- Responsible for the build and implementation of User Devices required to enable secure access to and operation of applications needed to ensure successful business operations
- Responsible for completing approved moves, adds and changes for User Devices ensuring the maintenance of a current technical environment supporting the successful delivery of business operations
- Responsible for configuring and distributing end user devices and supporting the adoption and understanding of technology to assist the development of a computer literate workforce
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent by experience
- Demonstrate experience of working successfully within effective small teams in a large Public Sector or Private Sector Organisation delivering critical Platform and Infrastructure in support of Public Sector business operations
- Hold accreditation as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) and RITT Support or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and capability to work within, relevant ICT related standards including HMG Security Policy Framework, IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.