- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £64,000.00 - £65,000.00 gross per year
DevOps Engineer - All Grades, Junior To Senior
Be part of something exciting and join us as a DevOps Engineer for the Top Employer in the UK.
We are growing our digital team of agile service design specialists to build and deliver user centred services and solutions in partnership with our clients across England and Wales. We need DevOps Engineers at all levels, with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies to help us build our digital hubs in London, Reading, Wales and Birmingham.
Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the world's most exciting sectors? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do, and you are a talented DevOps Engineer with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies, then apply today to join our agile teams, and to help us build our industry leading digital hubs in the UK.
You must already hold, or be eligible to hold, an appropriate level of UK Security Clearance to be considered.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a DevOps Engineer you your work will include a multitude interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud and bare-metal platforms and collaborating with senior members. As a senior engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for our clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Also command line knowledge (linux or windows) is required.
- Senior Engineers will need to show experience across most of the below
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, our client is at the centre of this change-supporting our client's digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Our Client's success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
- windows server