- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Digital Service Manager : 0000DWPI
Digital Service Manager
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Digital Service Manager to join HSBC Technology.
What you will be doing;
The Digital Service Manager is a hands-on role involving all aspects of service delivery, 24/7 operations, effective monitoring, change and release management, logging and alerting in a DevOps environment. As well as working with global teams helping coordinate, triage, diagnose, recovery and avoidance of outages within the DevOps enabled cross-functional teams.
- Working with DevOps enabled cross-functional teams to support best practice incident and problem management, change and release management and monitoring, logging and alerting for both production and non-production environments
- Assisting cross-functional teams with change and release management – the path to live
- Supporting the cross-functional teams with the transition to live - service acceptance process.
- Improving and streamlining processes both within the cross functional teams and the wider digital teams.
- Assisting and driving the cross-functional teams on their journey to Dev-Ops maturity.
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Sound knowledge of ITIL, Agile and DevOps including experience of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change/Release Management
- A proven track-record of developing and delivering service improvements
- Proven and extensive experience of service management & application production support with knowledge of service recovery, incident and problem management
- Experience using service management, service monitoring, knowledge management, communication and workflow tools e.g Jira Service Desk, etc
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- Fantastic experience with ALM tooling such as App Dynamics, Splunk and Jira
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Internet Banking propositions or other customer facing applications, services or infrastructure
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e.ITIL, Service Management qualifications
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. proven experience of Application Support, Change and Release Management, Service Transition, Service Introduction or Service Management
This role will primarily be based at our London Blue Fin building but some travel may be required.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 09:51:19 Unposting Date
: 03-Jan-2020, 23:59:00
- ms project
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.