- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Digital Service Manager : 0000DWFJ
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Digital Service Manager to join HSBC Technology.
What you will be doing;
The Digital Service Manager is a hands-on role involving all aspects of service delivery, 24/7 operations, effective monitoring, change and release management, logging and alerting in a DevOps environment. As well as working with global teams helping coordinate, triage, diagnose, recovery and avoidance of outages within the DevOps enabled cross-functional teams.
- Working with DevOps enabled cross-functional teams to support best practice incident and problem management, change and release management and monitoring, logging and alerting for both production and non-production environments
- Owning issues with downstream service teams, building strong relationships to enable quick resolution of issues and setting the right priority.
- Including managing the relationship with dependent systems.
- Building and maintaining great working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders.
- Producing DevOps and Service Management metrics and reports
- Assisting cross-functional teams with problem management and retrospectives
- Assisting cross-functional teams with change and release management – the path to live
- Supporting the DevOps transition within the cross functional team
- Ensuring effective end-to-end service delivery of services through day-to-day interaction with established IT and Product teams
- Identify any necessary changes to the contingency / resilience requirements during the life on a service.
- Managing the demise of any components or services that are no longer required.
- Supporting the cross-functional teams with the transition to live - service acceptance process.
- Ensure the IT Service is meeting expectations:
- Supporting and promoting a culture of continuous monitoring by recording and publicising a services performance against stated service quality attributes.
- Take responsibility for responding proactively to deviations from agreed quality standards.
- Review business satisfaction levels with the Business and Markets.
- Acting as primary co-ordination point for service issues escalated by external support teams.
- Driving incident resolution - technology or process, across technology teams, stakeholders and management where required.
- Being accountable for the Service Excellence and Problem Management processes.
- Supporting and promoting a service culture which actively champions customer needs and lean agile principles whilst balancing against internal controls within digital.
- Facilitate regular capacity reviews
- To include all necessary Capacity Planning SMEs and Business Managers.
- Ensure all stakeholders understand the need for accurate capacity planning and the costs of resources provided to meet business demand.
- Ensure cost justification for any increase in capacity requirements.
- Measure and monitor consumption and variances from plan.
- Identify and promote opportunities for performance tuning, improving operational integrity or reducing costs.
- Ensure you contribute to the rates calculations to accurately assess the consumption growth through the next billing year.
- Support adherence to group standards:
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with the Group Operational Risk FIM.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards.
- Ensure that cross functional teams are aware of changes to the control landscape within HDS and that any changes to service architecture and design as a result of changes to the control landscape are incorporated in the project backlog of the relevant service.
- Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators.
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
You will have a deep understanding of at least one of the following areas of Service Management, (service recovery, incident and problem management, change and release management, service transition), combined with an understanding of DevOps.
- Sound knowledge of ITIL, Agile and DevOps including experience of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change/Release Management
- Experience with ALM tooling such as App Dynamics, New Relic and Splunk
- A proven track-record of developing and delivering service improvements.
- Proven and extensive experience of service management & application production support with knowledge of service recovery, incident and problem management
- Experience using service management, service monitoring, knowledge management, communication and workflow tools e.g. Jira Service Desk, etc.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- A flexible & committed approach, a willingness to work outside of core hours as required to provide Application Support at a global level
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Internet Banking propositions or other customer facing applications, services or infrastructure is desirable but not essential
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. ITIL, Service Management qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Proven experience of Application Support, Change and Release Management, Service Transition, Service Introduction or Service Management is desirable but not essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships across business, ITO and SWD teams globally
- Strong decision maker and proactive self-starter
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven analytical skills & ability to deal with complex & technical data
- Availability to undertake travel both domestic and international as required
This role will primarily be based at our London Blue Fin building but some travel may be required.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 10:13:21 Unposting Date
: 09-Dec-2019, 23:59:00
- ms project
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.