- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Farleigh Hospice have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Director of Care to join our Senior Management Team (SMT) at an exciting time in our journey. We are looking for a passionate leader and a champion of care. In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Farleigh Hospice is committed to its core values of Caring, Respectful, Innovative and Dedicated. We have embarked on a new strategy to deliver our vision of hospice care being available to all. We are committed to working as one team adopting agile working to ensure our hospice is fit for the future.
As Director of Care you will work alongside our Medical Director to deliver new models of care that will reach out to those who need and want our services.
You will work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team (SMT) to deliver a 'One Team' approach to hospice care, acting as a role model to lead and inspire the delivery of the hospice strategy.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (which may include some weekend and evening work)
Main Responsibilities as our Director of Care:
- Jointly lead on clinical/medical strategy and development with the Medical Director to deliver needs based, outcome focused clinical services
- Provide effective leadership to the clinical team of Farleigh Hospice to enable the provision and maintenance of the highest standards of clinical care
- Provide visible professional and consultative leadership across the organisation and in particular for the clinical team to ensure a positive and supporting culture
- Be focused on quality of care and the improvement of patient/carer/user outcomes and experiences
- Efficiently and effectively manage resources and clinical budget
- Develop and build the professional workforce in line with service needs
- Ensure compliance with registering bodies, including Care Quality Commission in the role of Registered Manager and other lead roles as set out in this job description
- Develop, implement and evaluate innovative models of care delivery to meet the changing needs of the people who use the services
Who are we looking for in our Director of Care?
We are looking for the right candidate who can lead and champion the clinical teams. You will have a strong track record in leadership, good understanding of clinical governance, excellent budgetary control and business planning experience with a view to achieving and maintaining an 'Outstanding' regulatory rating and excellent patient and family experience.
You will also have:
- Masters level qualification in relevant subject e.g. oncology, palliative care, leadership
- Management qualification and a consultative style
- Health professional qualification
- Able to contribute at Senior Management Team level to the strategic development of hospice services
- Competent in setting budgets and analysing budget information
- Extensive post registration experience of which three (3) years must be as a Clinical Manager
- Experience in a specialist palliative care service
- Experience in a broad range of clinical settings
- Has taken the lead role in a change in service delivery
- Has knowledge of current developments in palliative care
- Has contributed at a regional or national level to developments in palliative care
Benefits of becoming our Director of Care:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Occupational maternity pay
- Occupational sick pay
- Death in service plan
- Employee Assistance 24/7 helpline
- Health Plan (provided via Simplyhealth)
- Gym membership discounts
- Free parking
- Lunch facilities
- Pleasant working environment
If you are keen to join our journey and feel that you can bring all the necessary skills and experience we would like to hear from you. Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity - click 'Apply' now to find out more about becoming our Director of Care!
Closing Date: Friday 22nd November 2019
Interview Date: Friday 13th December 2019
Please note that should the volume of applications be high Farleigh Hospice may decide to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date.
Farleigh Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Positions may be subject to DBS Disclosure.
Charity Registration No: 284670
- customer service