- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are recruiting for an amazing Communications Leader to join Mary’s Meals International, as Director of Communications. Reporting to our CEO, you will lead and develop our global communications strategy to inspire and grow our movement across all mediums.
Creative and driven, you will actively seek out new and innovative ways to reach and inspire new audiences and engage with our wonderful global network. Communications are at the very heart of everything we do here at Mary’s Meals and you will have the privilege of enabling others to tell their story and the stories of those we serve. You will be comfortable working at a senior level, will bring a global communications focus to our senior leadership team and work closely with our National Affiliates to promote a culture of inclusivity and communications cohesiveness across our Mary’s Meals network.
As an organisation, named after Mary the mother of Jesus and shaped by Christian spirituality, we feel that the way we do things is as important as the end results and we welcome all who wish to play their part in our important work. Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 1.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
Leading our 4 communications work streams including; digital, editorial, content and internal communications, you will possess exceptional communication skills and actively seek out opportunities to work collaboratively across our Mary’s Meals family.
Other key priorities will include:
- serving as the lead role model for our unique tone of voice, empowering our MM family to express our values and organisational culture through all internal and external communications;
- developing and managing a proactive and reactive global communications strategy; and
- proactively seeking out story telling opportunities to connect others with our vision and mission.
With robust team management experience, you will also bring proven experience of developing and implementing strategy, policies and projects, ideally, within a global organisation.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- robust knowledge of the communications arena, including content, editorial, digital, internal communications, branding, PR and media relations;
- experience of managing external service providers, including marketing and creative agencies;
- experience of managing brand positioning and messaging for an organisation; and
- commitment to our vision, mission and values.
We offer so much more than a role, you will have the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development and flexible working. This is an incredible opportunity to use your talents to positively impact the lives of hungry children all over the world and with 64 million children still out of school and millions more attending classes too hungry to learn, our work has only just begun.
If you are inspired to join our movement and our vision, mission and values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
We would like to know why you want to join Mary’s Meals and why you would make a great Director of Communications here at Mary’s Meals? How you share this information with us is entirely up to you but please also include a full CV for review.
Closing date: 9th August 2019
For further information and to apply, please select the APPLY NOW button.
Charity No. SC045223