- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Director in its Strategy and Development team (Europe and Middle East) to lead our strategy and business development across the transportation sector in either our Reading (Shinfield Park) or London (Canary Wharf) office.
Wood’s strategy in the UK and in other core regions is to push harder into the broad infrastructure market, building on our core positions in consenting and early design and the wider Wood experience in capital projects delivery.
Wood is a significant player in parts of the transportation sector, particularly aviation in the UK but has a significant capability across all sectors globally. Your role will be to build on this core experience to grow and diversify our positions with an initial focus on the UK but looking at opportunities in other Wood regions.
You will be responsible for general strategy, key accounts, partnerships with contracting and consulting businesses and overall sector growth.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong business development record including key account management and work winning. This is a challenging position that requires vision, market understanding, excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or environmental / engineering consultancy environment.
Whilst Wood as short term priorities in the UK, this position will provide an excellent opportunity to support business growth and work winning in Europe and potentially the Middle East.
- Report to the VP for Strategy and Development on the transportation sector in Europe and the Middle East
- Develop and implement our strategy in the UK transportation / infrastructure sector
- Work with our global transportation team in delivering our global strategy
- Work collaboratively with other parts of Wood in support of our UK infrastructure strategy
- Work winning and strategic positioning with key customers in the transport sector
- Strategic partnering within the transportation sector to support growth and diversification Skills / Qualifications
- Core experience in business development with a focus on the transportation sector
- Established track record with key transportation customers
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (environmental or engineering)
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Has worked extensively within a multi-disciplinary, environmental or engineering consultancy
- Has experience of winning major infrastructure projects
- Experience in delivering successful business strategy
- Demonstrable success in key account management and growth
- Substantial consultancy experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills Desirable:
- Has worked for one of Wood's direct competitors
- Has international experience