- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Novum Structures is internationally recognised as a world leading specialist contractor for technically advanced structures and enclosures. Novum combines client support, engineering expertise, attractive systems components, and project management processes to create unique architectural structures and enclosures from local retail applications to international airport facilities.
This is a new role which has been created to support our team of Project Engineers and CAD Detailers in our drawing’s office, based in Farnham. We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic individual, who is willing to take on this challenging and varied role.
Key duties will include:
- Document management tasks, which include:
- Review current systems and implement improvement where necessary, for monitoring documentation / communication from both internal and external clients.
- Uploading and downloading of drawings and documents to the project extranet.
- Submitting documents to Novum's standard procedures.
- Updating the Master Document List.
- Completing the issue register and sending it to the client.
- Ensure all project folders up to date on the Novum Intranet.
- Ensure that protocols are correctly used and kept for each project.
- Checking drawings/documents for errors.
- Ensuring all documents meet ISO 9001.
- Create an electronic folder, physical folder and email address for all new projects.
- Creating projects on DAX.
- Ensuring the network storage system has the latest drawings/document revisions.
- Assist project managers, engineers & project team with any administration work.
- Create site folders that included drawings needed for installations and laminating if required.
- File and archive closed projects.
Other duties will include:
- Administrative duties such as data entry, filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Assist with IT/Telecoms infrastructure projects and updates.
- Assist with H&S responsibilities in Farnham office.
- To take inventory as and when required and order prior to a low stock, including new office furniture.
- Interaction with the landlord (where appropriate) to ensure the upkeep of the premises.
- Assist with organising external/internal events for the team where necessary.
- Support with any ad-hoc admin tasks and additional tasks or responsibilities as required.
- Experience of working as a Document Controller for a main contractor, within the construction industry.
- Proficient at using Microsoft packages and confident using different software and systems.
- Knowledge of principles of organisation planning, records management and general administration.
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly and train others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Excellent organisation skills.
Hours of work
You will be required to work Monday to Friday 08:30 – 5:30pm, however, these hours/days may vary depending on the needs of the business.
Salary & Benefits
In return we offer a competitive salary and an exciting working environment, other benefits include a holiday allowance which starts at 20 days, plus 8 bank holidays per year and increases with service, company sick pay after 1 years’ service and a discretionary bonus.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Job Type: Full-time
- working for a Main Contractor: 4 years (Required)
- Document Control: 4 years (Required)