- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently seeking an experienced domestic worker to join us on a permanent, full time basis. This post will be 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Here at The Good Shepherd Centre our purpose is to provide a positive, life changing experience for young people through individual care, education and skills development.
The Good Shepherd Centre is a Secure, Close Support & Semi-Independent Living Service for vulnerable young people 12 to 17 years of age.
Our campus comprises an 18 bed Secure Unit, a 6 bed Close Support Unit and a 3 bed Semi-Independent Cottage.
The campus also has an education department which is located within our secure building; it boasts 10 classrooms, a games hall and a fully fitted fitness suite. It offers excellent facilities to support the delivery of high quality Education and Health & Wellbeing programme.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will have responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of domestic cleaning throughout the centre.
To maintain a consistently high standard of ancillary support within the Secure/Close Support Houses in relation to cleaning and laundry services.
- Duties will include cleaning of all areas of the Secure/Close Support Houses as directed.
- Ensuring that all cleaning materials and equipment are used and stored safely.
- Using powered and non-powered cleaning equipment.
- Undertaking training when required and operating within the Health & Safety policies and procedure of the Secure/Close Support Houses including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Laundry duties
- Any other related duties as directed by the Operations Manager and Director.
Previous cleaning experience is essential.
Previous experience of working in a similar environment would be desirable but not essential.
You will be highly organised, motivated and have excellent communication skills.
· The ability to work well as part of a team
· The ability to use own initiative
· The ability to remain calm and patient under pressure
· A caring and approachable person
All posts are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all convictions whether spent or unspent must be declared. An Enhanced Disclosure Scotland/PVG check and health screening will be undertaken prior to confirmation of employment.