- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £17,500.00 gross per year
- Duty Manager
TJ Hughes are currently recruiting for a Duty Manager to join the management team based at our new store opening in Cumbernauld.
This is a full time salaried role on £17,500 per annum working 38 hours per week.
To lead and manage the sales / trading of your key sales floors, driving the sales potential and delivering exceptional merchandise, housekeeping and customer service.
You will also lead the whole store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Deliver exceptional results for the store in order to meet / exceed targets by utilising all available commercial information and taking appropriate action.
- Ensure that Sales Assistants are recruited in line with Company policy and legislation.
- Support the induction and ongoing development of the sales floor team, and through leadership and coaching continually increase levels of performance.
- Ensure that Retail Assistants give the highest levels of customer service possible.
- Ensure product is merchandised according to brand guidelines and in line with promotional activity & stock availability in order to maximise sales and operating standards.
- Manage and control high standards of health & safety and security within the sales / trading areas of the store.
- Ensure visual merchandising and ticketing standards are compliant with Company guidelines / policy at all times.
- Undertake duty management responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager.
Experience of taking accountability and responsibility for running a sales floor in a fast paced retail environment
Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
Excellent communication & written skills
Good Numerical skills
Proficient Computer Skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do' individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting.
If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address.
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ's (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices.
We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 26 stores across the UK: from Maidstone in the South to Dundee in the North.
- customer service
- safety and security