- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £22,000.00 - £30,000.00 gross per year
Our client is looking for an experienced Ecologist to join their team on a one year contract with possible extension.
The company is an ecological consultancy who provide ecological surveys and contracting services across the South and South-West.
- Work as part of the southern team whilst working in collaboration with the south-west team, which is led by Director.
- Assist in the preparation, management and execution of large and small scale ecological survey and mitigation projects, to include mitigation, habitat creation and restoration works, ecological survey reports, Natural England protected species licence applications and habitat and protected species surveys.
- Undertake protected species survey work including out of hours survey work.
- Work in collaboration with the team to design ecological enhancement schemes and effective species mitigation works.
- Liaise with project stakeholders and sub-contractors on behalf of the company and communicate survey results and ecological advice to clients both verbally and through written reports.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in ecology or a related subject and post-graduation experience in ecology within a consultancy environment or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with a range of habitat and field surveys, analysing and interpreting data.
- Proven experience of writing professional reports.
- A good understanding of the planning process and of appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Applicants will need to hold a UK driving licence, have their own vehicle, be prepared to travel to different sites and to work ecology survey hours.
- 23 days annual leave.
- Apple Mac Laptop and iPhone.
- Flexible working hours and TOIL.
- Flexible and friendly working environment.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
- ms project
- own vehicle