- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £44,892.00 - £67,927.00 gross per year
- WESTMINSTER UNITED KINGDOM
We seek a vibrant, experienced and committed Economics Teacher to deliver lessons in Grade 11 and 12 (equivalent of Sixth Form) as well as Grade 7 (Year 8) Individuals and Societies. The Economics lessons will form part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Previous experience of the IB programme will be a distinct advantage, but of prime importance is a love of the subject and the energy and knowledge to foster this same passion in students. For the right candidate, we are willing to consider this as a part-time role.
The successful applicant will: have
• Qualified Teacher Status and/or relevant teaching experience
• a proven record of excellent teaching to the 16-18 age group
• excellent subject knowledge
• and enjoy a dynamic approach to teaching and learning
He or she will:
• join a highly experienced and supportive team
• be responsible to the Head of Faculty for Individuals and
• work in collaboration with colleagues and attend both training and planning sessions
• foster good links with parents and attend parent-student-teacher meetings and conferences.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• meet all work deadlines
• ensure that student assessment is regular and consistent, and that students learn from it
• contribute to the extracurricular activities of the school
• be internationally-minded and sympathetic to the values of the IB
• fulfil the expectations included in the ‘teacher job description’ and have the ‘qualities we are looking for’ in our teaching staff
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.
To apply for this role please complete the application form and return to email@example.com Please note we do not accept CVs for this role. Further details regarding the role can be found in the candidate brief.
When returning your completed application form please ensure that your application form is saved as Surname, First Name – Job Role.
Closing date for applications 28 October 2019.
Southbank International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived or worked overseas for three months or more in the past ten years or completed their teacher training outside of the UK.