- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Various positions (3 year fixed term)
The education and training agenda for psychologists and the wider psychological workforce is continuously changing and evolving, as is the environment in which teaching and supervision is undertaken. With challenges and opportunities in equal measures from schools, the introduction of psychological apprenticeships through to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral education, the BPS is committed to providing the highest possible standards.
To help BPS drive forward the education and training agenda for psychology, it is establishing a new Education and Training Board that will support and guide BPS on its journey of developing its education strategy. This board provides an exciting opportunity for those committed to psychology education and training in the widest sense.
The Board of Trustees is, therefore, seeking to appoint members of the Society to a number of vacancies on the newly formed ETB. The remit of ETB is to support BPS in developing its education strategy while identifying opportunities in the external environment, where we will promote the benefits of psychological education and develop appropriate and innovative routes into the profession.
The individual roles within the committee involve:
- Provide insight on trends in Psychology, healthcare and professional training, transnational education – GCSE/A ‘Levels; Devolved Nations Education Frameworks for schools upwards to doctoral level education. (Qualifications and CPD Trends)
- Support BPS in developing a strong narrative in support of education/Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for all elements of education, including translating its purpose to align and underpin the NHS Long Term Plan and other key employers, e.g. local authorities, HMPPS etc
- Evaluate new approaches to workforce planning in England and the devolved nations while exploring international trends and practices and consider the impact on psychology based education
- Advise BPS on the approach to developing education for non-regulated psychological roles including Graduate Apprentices and Clinical Associate Psychology roles
- Advise the BPS continuing professional development strategy/policy
- Advising on innovative approaches to the delivery of education and CPD for psychologists and the wider psychological workforce
- Advise BPS on its product development policy and process (For qualifications, CPD, Short Awards and Online programmes)
Members of the ETB will be selected from senior positions in academic institutions or practice to have the appropriate background, for the work of the ETB.
Applications are sought from individual members of the society for the following roles.
- Deputy Chair
- 8 Members from a cross section of disciplines and networks.
In addition, any applicant must possess the following personal qualities
- Commitment to maintaining high standards
- Ability to make and stand by decisions that may prove to be contentious
- Ability to withstand pressure
The ETB meets four times a year either face to face or by teleconference. Meetings will rotate locations.
From time to time be opportunities for the ETB to establish task and finish groups to support wider initiatives in Education and Standards to provide more in-depth work, guidance and insight.
How to apply
Applications can be made via a Statement of Interest Form, which is available from our Project Officer, Ayshea King at
- ms project