- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Due to continued success in the power sector AECOM have opportunities for an EIA Consultant to join our Environment and Planning team in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate would join the UK’s largest team of EIA practitioners and would play key role in the management and delivery of projects across a wider range of energy projects. These include electricity transmission and interconnectors, renewables (onshore/offshore wind, solar and hydro power) as well as electricity storage. In addition, there are opportunities to work in other sectors, and also internationally.
We have an enviable client base within the energy and power sector which includes all of the major energy developers operating in across the UK. Our clients include the likes of Scottish Power, National Grid, Transport Scotland, Shell, Drax, SSE, private bespoke developers and many others. The role will involve provision of environmental inputs throughout the development of projects - from due diligence, feasibility and routeing studies or option appraisals, to EIA and preparation of consent applications, as well as post planning and pre-construction/construction phase work.
AECOM’s reputation in EIA is second to none and we are involved in some of UK’s most challenging and career defining infrastructure projects. We are looking for someone that will be able to take a both leadership and supporting roles within a vibrant and diverse team; helping us to continue to deliver a high quality service to existing clients and to expand our market share in established and new development sectors.
Candidates should have experience in EIA, preferably in the power sector. You should have a background in environmental sciences or planning and be conversant with EIA and planning regulations and procedures. Experience of a range of consenting regimes e.g. Town and Country Planning Act, Electricity Act and/or the Planning Act or an EIA discipline e.g. hydrology, ecology, etc. would be advantageous.
Our EIA teams often work very closely with our engineering and design colleagues, who are delivering the sort of exciting projects you would expect from a global environmental and engineering consultancy with a reputation for developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
We have an impressive portfolio of major national and international infrastructure projects. A selection of our current and recent projects includes: Interconnector projects such as Neuconnect (UK-Germany) and Viking Link (UK-Denmark)
- Major electricity transmission projects including Western and Eastern HVDC Links
- Offshore Wind Feasibility Studies
- Red John Pumped Storage Hydro-electric Scheme Section 36
- Abergelli 299MW Power Station Development Consent Order
- North Sea Decommissioning
- Onshore wind projects including Camster II, Golticlay and repowers
- Red Sea development
- Nuclear sector projects such as Sellafield End States and Bradwell New Build
- Uigg Harbour Redevelopment
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Assist, prepare and coordinate multidisciplinary environmental inputs to a wide range of development projects;
- Prepare deliverables such EIA screening and scoping activities, Environmental Statements including co-ordination of specialist chapters, routeing studies, feasibility studies or due diligence reports;
- Liaise with clients and internal supply teams including the sustainability and energy development teams;
- Work in partnership with other members of the Environmental Team (both within Edinburgh/Glasgow and across the UK), assisting the delivery of projects;
- Work with design teams to ensure that environmental considerations are appropriately taken into account; and
- Assist and prepare technical proposals.
- Experience commensurate with specified job responsibilities
- Experience managing and coordinating environmental commissions and EIAs for a wide range of development projects. Work in transportation, renewable energy, port-related developments and electrical connections would be a distinct advantage;
- An excellent understanding of the EIA processes (including screening and scoping), environmental assessment methods and applicable planning legislation;
- Excellent report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills – all with an attention to detail;
- Excellent project management skills, including experience of programming, and budget/ financial management;
- The ability to work as part of an established team, supervising members of staff as applicable; and
- Full driving licence and a willingness to travel.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players who have a proactive and positive attitude and who are willing contribute and lead important environmental commissions. These positions offer excellent career progression opportunities within an established, friendly and professional environmental team. Benefits include a highly competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with a wide range of associated employment benefits.
- A degree in a relevant environmental discipline;
- Post-graduate degree an advantage;
- Appropriate professional membership – CEnv an advantage but not necessary.
As an employer of choice, we are more than happy to explore flexible working arrangements for this vacancy.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- ms project