- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Electrical Design Engineer
Joining our client as an Electrical Design Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with Senior Engineers on projects that support the design and development of new products and solutions for their ever-expanding client base. You will have the opportunity to work in a team that designs solutions for industries including; Advanced Printing, Food and Transportation. Our applications are used in the activation of component materials, additive sintering, disinfection and glueing.
Your work will be focused on contributing to new product design from initial concept through to creation of drawings. You will be taking the ideas of project leaders and turning this into industrialised solutions.
As an Engineer working for our client you will be given the freedom to use your theoretical and practical knowledge to carve a role for yourself given the autonomy to manage your own individual projects and undertaking your own research into new equipment, techniques and materials for product development.
You will be supported in your works as an Engineer but also given the freedom and opportunity to use your own initiative and shine in your own merit by bringing new ideas to the table.
The positions that we have available would suit early career Electrical Engineers and Graduate Electrical Engineers who have strong design experience both on a theoretical and practical level including good working knowledge of the reengineering of existing products, design of bespoke systems, use of schematic drawing software such as EPLAN. You will have knowledge of 3 phase power and high-power switching electronics with proven experience in product design, regulatory and safety standards. Our ideal candidate would also hold experience in the programming of PLC's - this is our absolute wish list!
This role reports to the Senior Electrical Design Engineer. Joining the team in Cambridge you will benefit from years of experience lead by the Technical Director who has been with the organisation for over 20 years, who is proud to maintain excellent staff retention through offering career development and opportunities to consistently utilise your own ideas.
• Working closely with senior engineers on a variety of projects
• Working with peers across Engineering, Systems and Design
• Reading and interpretation of design specifications
• Taking ideas of project leaders and developing industrialised solutions
• Investigation of equipment, techniques, materials and hardware for new product development
• Management of your own small projects - preparation and monitoring of project schedules
• Writing documentation to support bespoke solutions; user manuals, specifications, maintenance
• Re-Engineering of existing products to meet customer requirements
• Electrical design and development of new products and solutions
• Use of EPLAN and design software for detailing of systems
• Attending conferences, exhibitions and client meetings to provide technical advice
As we are recruiting a variety of levels experience required may vary, however for candidates to be suitable, we require:
• A Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar HNC / HND)
• Knowledge of 3 phase power and high-power switching electronics
• Knowledge of product design and Low Voltage Directive compliance
• Knowledge of regulatory and safety standards
• Minimum of 1-year practical working experience within design
• Genuine interest in the design and development of new products and solutions
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multi-disciplined teams
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to use your own initiative with a self-motivated attitude
• If you have experience with plastics, polymer, printed electronics, thin film coatings or display industries would be advantageous
• If you also have experience within PLC programming this would be advantageous
Location: Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge
Hours: 8.30am - 17.00pm Monday - Friday (flexibility may be offered)
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum + 10% of salary bonus
Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, discretionary annual bonus 10% of salary, Pension Scheme, life assurance, Private Health insurance
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Permanent vacancy.
- ms project