- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Electrical Commissioning Technician (Global Field Service)
Do you have hunger to travel the world whilst doing your work? Are you someone who couldn't stomach the usual Monday to Friday 9 to 5 life? If you've said yes to both of these questions, you'll probably be interested in this next bit…
We are working with a well-established and very reputable privately owned engineering and manufacturing business based in Edinburgh. Their products and systems are bespokely designed and manufactured for clients across the globe. They have built their reputation through providing an end to end service, from an analysis of customer requirements and providing uniquely engineered solutions, right through to commissioning and support throughout the life of the product.
They are looking for an experienced electrical commissioning engineer with experience of working in the field to join their team.
Responsible for a variety of installation, commissioning, acceptance and support activities, including:
- Supervising and assisting mostly with commissioning
- Commissioning and acceptance activities for newly refurbished equipment
- Providing training for operation and maintenance of installed upgrades
- Fault diagnosis and repair
- Carrying out equipment surveys
- Supervising sub-contracted personnel
- Preparing high-quality reports and surveys
Candidate Experience Requirements:
- Qualified in Electrical Engineering
- PLC control system knowledge - an understanding of ladder logic, fault finding, and commissioning
- Be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and documents.
- As their products are fairly unique, training will be given, however - relevant backgrounds would include the electrical commissioning of; HVAC equipment, control systems, oil & gas equipment (on topsides/platforms), marine equipment
Candidate Personal Requirements:
- Full UK driving license with max of 3 penalty points.
- The post holder will have to be willing to apply for and believe they can satisfy the Ministry of Defence. Security Requirements (some products are supplied to armed forces and navy).
- Flexibility to be able to work internationally, often at short notice.
- Good communication and client facing skills.
- Willingness to learn