- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM, GB
Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias) to join our team in Ince, Chester on a perm basis.
To carry out planned and breakdown maintenance on a variety of plant and apparatus including overhead cranes, rotating equipment, 415V motors, variable speed drives, switchgear, etc.
To report, diagnose and remedy plant defects, proposing improvements where appropriate
To assist during major maintenance periods, shut-downs, etc, as required to return plant to optimum availability and efficiency
To propose and develop modifications to plant /apparatus as appropriate
To liaise with operations staff and other maintenance staff as appropriate
To supervise Company and Contractors staff as appropriate
Participate on a 365 day rota and be contacted outside normal working hours to maintain plant availability & efficiency
Maintain the workshop and other work areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition
To be aware of and work within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management
Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Ince, Chester
Knowledge / Qualifications
- Having served a recognised apprenticeship will have detailed knowledge of all aspects of maintenance techniques
- Relevant maintenance qualifications
- Understanding of, and ability to interface with, P.L.C. controllers, SCADA systems & DCS
Ability / Experience
- Experience gained in a continuous process industry
- Some manual handling necessary
- Good communication with staff at all levels
- Able to work a rota that includes some weekend working to give overall maintenance cover 365 days per year
- Able to be contacted, and attend site, outside of normal hours if required
- Computer literate and able to train in computerised maintenance system
- Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- An effective team member, able to communicate well orally and in writing
- Flexible, with a creative approach to problem-solving
The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities may be required within the demands of the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the worlds top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):