- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
- Welwyn Garden City
Are you a hands on, hardworking member of the community who wishes to benefit others around you?
Here at the Mears Group, we are searching for a skilled Electrician to help benefit the lives of their local community. While working in accordance to the relevant Safety Regulations and departmental procedures, you will have to carry out a variety of different duties.
"Making your passion your pay check"
A positive contribution towards the communities that we serve is something that we always adhere to. It is with the help of our dedicated employees that we're able to make this happen. Our main focus is to build and improve homes within local communities to better the lives of others, all while maintaining our approach towards the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers and families within the wider community.
Skills required for this job role consist of:
- Experience with installing, servicing and maintaining electrical systems and appliances in accordance with the current Edition of The IET Wiring Regulations
- Have the knowledge to install, repair, inspect & test electrical installations and have the ability to fill in correctly, the appropriate Electrical Certificate or Electrical Condition Report
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2, or
- NVQ Level 3 Including AM2, or
- City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3, or (from Sept 2011)
- City and Guilds 2357 Including AM2
- City and Guilds 2392 - Fundamental Certification, Inspection and Testing·
- City and Guilds 2391 (or to have shown competence in the area of Inspection & Testing electrical installations, in accordance with Guidance Note 3 of the IET and have a good knowledge of a variety of electrical installation work. Or to have been assessed by such persons as the NICEIC for the role of Qualifying Supervisor) or
- City and Guilds 2394 -Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
- City and Guilds 2395 - Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
- City and Guilds 2382-10/12 or 2382-20 (17th Edition of the Wiring Regulations) and the
- City and Guilds 2382-15 or to have proof of having taken an TBT or an update course (subject to holding C&G2382) encompassing the 3rd amendment to BS7671:2008
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistance Programme, to take care of your well-being. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job appeals to you, we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to complete your application towards building a better future for yourself and a better life for our local community and the In-House Recruitment team will be in touch.