- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £28,000.00 - £32,000.00 gross per year
My client is currently recruting foranElectronics Design Engineer, reporting to the Head of Engineering. This is an interesting and challenging opportunity, offering a competitive basic salary plus discretionary profit share bonus, health insurance, pension scheme, life assurance, and other benefits.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the main activities and responsibilities of the Electronics Design Engineer will include:
- Assisting with the ongoing design and development of electronics for new and/or redesigned components. Provide creative input on electronics for various R&D projects involving the design for manufacture of various new parts, redesigning existing components, testing new and redesigned components, contributing to decisions based on test results and modifying drawings accordingly;
- Manual assembly of prototype circuit boards;
- Creation and implementation of endurance tests for new electronics:
- Assisting with the liaison with suppliers and manufacturers regarding PCBs, components ordered, providing feedback, letting them know if there are problems or what works well, organising any necessary returns, chasing orders and visiting suppliers when required;
- Writing test plans, supporting product during test and resolving issues, recording and reporting test results;
- Taking technical sales calls when necessary.
- Electronics design expertise and qualifications combined with a wide-ranging interest in electronics systems and applications
- Experience of electronics system design at component level for: Low power DC-DC convertors, power circuits, switching power supplies, analogue/digital electronics and EMC critical design and layout
- PCB layout experience for multi-layer boards using CAD systems, preferably Easy-PC or Eagle.
- Experience producing gerber, BOM and other files necessary for the manufacturing of raw or fully populated PCBs.
- Experience configuring and running a small SMT line with the NeoDen4 pick and place machine or similar and a convection reflow oven.
- Hands-on technical skills for building and testing prototype circuits. Hand soldering 0603, 0805 and QFN components.