- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20,000.00 - £24,000.00 gross per year
- Newton Aycliffe
Key responsibilities have been aligned to the company Teaching and Learning Strategy and the handbook for the inspection of further education and skills.
- Experience in delivering Employability courses
- Experience in delivering sector specific courses which could include - Manufacturing, Health and Social Care
- Experience of delivering courses to Traineeship programmes and Adult Education Budget programme for different age range.
- To provide outstanding and rarely less than consistently good teaching, learning and assessment for all age groups and learning programmes that may take place in a variety of location the classroom, workplace or wider community.
- To ensure that a large majority of learners consistently make very good and sustained progress in learning sessions
- Experience in working with and developing skills and knowledge in learners from different backgrounds.
- To have excellent subject knowledge and/or industry experience, including Manufacturing, Health and Safety, Health and Social Care
- To be able to set appropriate and regular coursework, high-quality learning materials and resources including information and communication technology.
- To be able to mark and provide constructive feedback that is frequency and of a consistent quality.
- To be able to deliver a high level of Functional Skills (Maths, English and Information Communication Technology (ICT) support and qualifications and be able to successfully embed them into all teaching/assessing activity.
- To ensure that equality and diversity are fully integrated into the learning experience
- To manage the safeguarding of learners and report incidents using the safeguarding procedure when required.
- To be able to provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to motivate learners to secure the best possible opportunities for success in their learning and progression.
Qualifications & Training
- Possess appropriate vocational qualification in sector relevant to teaching area
- Be committed to continuous professional development
- Hold an Assessor award or be working towards (within the first 12 months of employment)
- Hold a relevant teaching certificate or be working towards (within the first 12 months of employment)
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT) or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 3 years occupational experience be able to demonstrate a high level of practical skill in the sector relevant to teaching area
- Have experience of supervision of training in an educational or workplace environment.
- Have experience of undertaking assessments in training provider and in the workplace.
- Have experience of NVQs/QCFs/Apprenticeship delivery in the relevant sector.
- Have relevant industrial experience.
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in order to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with Company values
- References which are satisfactory to the Company
- Evidence of qualification certificates
- Be willing to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check
*Tutors may, at times, be required to work at other locations from time to time and will be expected to undertake such travel as is necessary to fulfil the role to the satisfaction of the organisation.
- Further Education