- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Employee Communications (AVP) - 90231244
Posting Range:9 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Employee Communications (AVP)
Working as part of the Employee Communications team, the role holder will, through a business partnership approach; provide best-practice, operational / tactical internal communication support to key stakeholders in the Human Resources function, helping them to execute against their business objectives and priorities through developing a high performing and engaged workforce.
What will you be doing?
Communications strategy and stakeholder management:
• Working closely with their line manager, build strong relationships with key stakeholders; define their communication requirements and provide them with advice and counsel
• Develop a deep understanding of the function they are working with, their goals, performance and audiences, and use that knowledge and own sound judgement to develop communications solutions creatively and effectively and to support development of broader employee communications plans
• Initiate, develop and own the end-to-end delivery of communication projects (including change implementation), working with colleagues in Employee Communications and other relevant stakeholders across the bank, to deliver timely, targeted, creative and effective communications and events
• Develop and deliver leadership/engagement communications for the HR function’s senior leadership as required using the Employee Communications framework
• Assist in the tracking and coordination of functional communication activities across Barclays, working closely with the wider Employee Communications community, ensuring all communications adhere to central guidelines and represent best practice
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across the functions, to help create a highly effective Functions Employee Communications team, demonstrating ‘one team’ behaviours and fostering a positive working relationship, confidence in our expertise, and a positive reputation for the wider Corporate Communications team
• Share best practice and learning with colleagues and seek continuous improvement opportunities, maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant, up-to-date technical knowledge
• Work with the team to develop a better understanding of the business divisions and their priorities to tie in with the team initiatives
What we’re looking for:
• Employee communications experience
• Excellent writing skills, and able to deliver complex messages in a clear and compelling way
• Ability to work at pace, with tight deadlines and a strong focus on execution
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of Barclays, its business units and the industry context in which they operate
• The ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity at all levels within the organisation
• Able to manage communications budgets effectively and efficiently to deliver maximum return on investment
• Understanding and managing relevant risk, governance, compliance and control issues
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.