- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You will lead a team of Employee Relations Consultants supporting 22+ countries within EMEA, who engage cross-functionally to resolve complex and sensitive employment matters. The key objective is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of our employees, according to our core values and objectives. The team coaches, advises and supports our management community and employee base around investigations, performance management, behavioral concerns, policy implications, conflict resolution, involuntary and mutual separation activities, provision of Merger and Acquisition due diligence support etc. and ensure we operate in a compliant and consistent manner across the landscape.
You should have a proven track record of Employee Relations within a dynamic and challenging environment. A high level of customer focus, interpersonal skills and a solution oriented approach are key attributes required in this role.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the ER team across EMEA by planning, organizing and prioritizing workload and accountability for the allocation, timely investigation and management of disciplinary and grievance cases, and other ER- related processes providing management support and advice
- Accountability for delivery of proficient, pragmatic and commercial ER advice to HR partners and where necessary directly to the business on handling ER issues, the application of policy consistent with our code of conduct & values
- Partnership with HR & Legal teams in order to anticipate and advise on their potential ER issues, support any business specific initiatives and to develop business appropriate ER strategy
- Leadership and participation in EMEA ER projects and initiatives
- In conjunction with legal, conduct reviews of employment policies to ensure they are aligned to Adobe's objectives and in line with employment law
- Identify trends and patterns using data & insight in leading accordingly with the wider HR team and business
- Partner with the ERC Generalist team & HR teams to ensure a 'one HR' joined up approach
- Coaching, mentoring and development for the team, including conducting development and career planning discussions, ensuring that measurable goals are in place and conducting year-end performance reviews.
- Highly effective communication and coaching skills
- Experience in all areas of Employee Relations in a fast moving and challenging environment
- Ability to deal with conflict situations
- Solution oriented
- Demonstrable experience in handling complex employee relations issues in an efficient and effective manner across all of the disciplines including but not limited to TUPE, collective consultation across EMEA
- Ability to provide robust solutions and improvements based on the analysis of the data & insight
- Desirable to have wider EMEA ER knowledge
- Decisive and resilient
- Ability to analyse and concisely explain complex concepts both orally and in writing
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and ongoing change while influencing at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team building skills
- Self starter with high output capabilities
- Ability to meet deadlines within a demanding and fast paced environment
- Appropriate assessment of risk, demonstrating consideration for firm reputation
- Ability to apply ethical judgment in all situations
- Solutions-oriented: Consistent track record of working with the management community to provide solutions to enhance individual effectiveness
- Customer Focus: Provides an innovative and high level of customer service
- Relationship Builder: Builds strong, professional business working relationships, based on credibility and trust, with key partners, customers and peers both within EMEA and the wider global organization.
- Builds external networks.
- Negotiation/Conflict resolution skills
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- customer service
About the company
Adobe Inc. is an American multinational computer software company headquartered in San Jose, California. It has historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, with a more recent foray towards digital marketing software. Adobe is best known for its Adobe Flash web software ecosystem, Photoshop image editing software, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Format (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as its successor Adobe Creative Cloud.