- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading law firmin the South of England providing a comprehensive range of services for business and individual clients.
The company: At a glance:
- Are a UK Top 150 law firm
- Have been in existence for 150 years and have a team of over 200 people, including 45 partners
- Office network across multiple regions in the South and a base in London.
- Their portfolio of Commercial clients include many household names such as Ladbrokes plc, Jewson (part of the Saint Gobain Group), Pizza Hut, Nandos, to name a few
- They have handled personal injury claims with a combined value of over £100 million
- The Commercial property team has handled transactions with a value of over £400 million
- Their wealth structuring and inheritance tax lawyers provide expertise in the area of inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning and, as a niche specialism, cross border tax for individuals
- The company are involved in a number of initiatives within our localities, including sponsoring various awards, events, sports teams as well as a number of local charities with fundraising and donations The firm’s legal teams and leading individuals are widely recommended in the leading independent directories – Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and Legal 500. These are two independent directories that rank law firms and lawyers in various legal disciplines and carry weight amongst clients and industry professionals alike. They are also regularly asked to comment in the media, including on South Today and BBC Radio Solent. So the reputation of the company speaks for itself.
The company also offer an excellent benefits package which includes 23 days holiday plus BH, Xmas shutdown & your birthday off. You will also be entitled to a discretionary bonus scheme of up to 8% of your salary. The benefits are extremely attractive and along with the reputation and career development the company offers, go someway to suggest why they have such a strong reputation and low staff turn over.
The position of Legal Secretary will be working within an Employment Law team. You will be supporting four Employment Lawyers with a variety of secretarial support tasks and responsibilities so need to be unflappable and able to manage busy diaries efficiently. We do require at least 2 years of proven administration or legal secretarial experience within Employment Law.
Key skills we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Reliable, efficient & trustworthy
- The ability to interpret work loads
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage diary movements
- Accurate typing ability (above 60wpm) The role is based in the Southampton office, the flagship office of the organisation, free parking is available on site. Hours are 9am – 5pm Mon-Fri
About the company