- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you have the passion and drive to help disabled people to find the job of their dreams? If so, come and join our award-winning Employment and Communities Team at Surrey Choices.
We are recruiting Employment Specialists to help people to reach their goals of finding and keeping a job and to make a real difference to someone’s life.
The role will involve:
- Career guidance
- Skills building and assessment
- Job seeking and supporting with job applications
- Interview support
- Working with employers to find the job perfect match for both them and a disabled person and to carve these jobs to suit all
- Being hands on with job coaching and travel training
- Ongoing support and career development
- Supporting people to attend social and leisure activities which you will play a part in organising and coordinating
To be part of the team we are looking for people who have the following qualities:
- Resilience and determination
- Self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Flexible and adaptable in your work with the ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Confident with strong negotiation and communication skills to build relationships with potential employers
- Excellent research and written skills
- An advocate for people with disabilities
- Passionate about equality
- Have your own car
- Ability to find solutions to problems and being creative with your approach
Surrey Choices are dedicated to improving the independence, confidence and life skills of disabled people in the local community. We are proud to have a Disability Confident Employer Status and we have made a commitment to be a Mindful Employer.
We have an open and transparent culture which focuses on recognising our colleagues strengths, hard work and professional and personal development.
When you work for us you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Be part of a friendly and approachable team
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Automatic entry into Perkbox benefit scheme, which includes benefits such as access to free breakdown cover and Kids Pass
- Full training and personal development package
- Employee Assistance Programme
This could be the perfect next role for you. Apply by visiting our Careers Page at https://surreychoices.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/
For further information regarding this role, please contact Eric Tomalin (Employment Support Specialist) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 31 January 2019
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and have an equal opportunities policy. If you need any reasonable adjustments during the interview process or to undertake this role due to disability, please do not hesitate to discuss with us.
Surrey Choices is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.