- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description Nineteen Recruitment are an award winning, independent recruitment agency and are delighted to be working with a fantastic local charity client, recruiting for an Employment Support Worker/Catering Assistant.
Our client launched their charity over 30 years ago and they believe passionately in enhancing quality of life and giving people with complex disability opportunities to lead happier and socially-inclusive lives in their home communities.
The Charity provides life-skills and employability training for young people and adults with intellectual disability, and run social enterprises within the local community. Clients play a key part in the success of social enterprises by using the experience as a stepping stone to employment.
The conditions the Charity supports include Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Williams Syndrome, Fragile X and Soto’s and our Clients range in age from 16 to 75 years.
Our client provides a daily refreshments service within Hexham and this service offers clients with learning disability an opportunity to practise employment skills in a supported environment. Trained and supervised by Employment Support Worker/Catering Assistants, and by Life Skills and Job Coaches, clients use the opportunity as a stepping stone for future employment.
By providing a key service, these roles enable clients to play an active part in their local communities.
This service has a strong and successful profile within the community and via it, our client can raise funds to support its day centres and wider programmes.
Working with vulnerable adults in the community, Employment Support Worker/Catering Assistants are
responsible for ensuring the Safeguarding of Clients during their placements.
The ideal applicant will have:
- experience working in catering or hospitality;
- lived or working experience of supporting people with disabilities and/or
- complex needs;
- a person-centred approach, valuing customers and being inclusive of all;
- flexibility with working hours. Key Responsibilities
The Retail Environment:
- Ensuring the service is well-presented, well stocked and run efficiently to generate strong sales for the Charity;
- Ensuring all marketing and fundraising activity at point-of-sale complies with the client brand standards and Donations Procedure;
- With the Catering Supervisor, monitoring and maintaining stock levels, including regular stocktaking;
- Reporting to the Catering Supervisor sales uptake, successful and unsuccessful lines and stock-in-hand;
- Responsible for the security of monies held at the service, ensuring accurate cash handling and daily cash up;
- Responsible for printing off and reporting till Z readings matching daily cashing up and product takings;
- Responsible for the security of donations boxes held at the service ensuring fundraising complies with the Donations Procedure;
- Taking part in Whole-Company and local events, promotions and fundraising drives overseen by Head Office on behalf of the Charity;
- Taking part in service press/publicity shoots arranged by Head Office and the Employability & Enterprise Manager;
- Ensuring the service complies with health & safety requirements;
- Ensuring food/drink handling complies with food safety standards;
- Ensuring all waste is well managed and recycled where possible;
- Capturing and reporting all feedback from the public and hosts. If this role is for you, then please don’t hesitate to apply today!
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment include:
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you’re in role
- Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
- Offers the ultimate in flexible working Job & Company Detail
- safety and security