- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Employment Tax ManagerJob Description Summary:
Here. You can be empowered to make a difference.
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We've created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
UK domestic and international employment tax and social security legislation and reporting has changed rapidly over the past few years. Our team are here to help businesses of every size grow in this complex environment. Our specialists work in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax related issues. Our work embraces everything from negotiating with tax authorities to providing advice tailored to our client's unique circumstances.
- You will be technically strong and be able to analyse and interpret data to provide intelligent and creative solutions to client issues.
- You will produce high-quality and professional reports and technical opinions which are accessible to the client.
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- You may be a subject matter specialist over a given topic or industry sector through which you seek to grow our business and consulting services.
- You will manage projects and deliverables, delegating wherever possible, and ensuring recoverability and financial targets are met.
- You will develop a strong understanding of the full range of the firm's services in order maximise business opportunities for the firm as a whole.
- You will lead, manage, motivate and coach more junior members of staff, working effectively to review their performance and aid their professional development.
Who we're looking for:
You will have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You will know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. To do this we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You will seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You will apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You will be technically strong, with experience of advising clients on sophisticated tax-related issues.
- You will be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA, or equivalent).
- You will have a proven track record of leading engagements and developing new business opportunities.
- You'll demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the region.