- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Engagement & Communications Manager - DigitalJob Description
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
PA's Innovation Service Unit has ambitious plans for 2019 including 44% net headcount growth in its Digital Capability Family and the integration of new acquisitions, Partners and offices. We are looking for an Engagement & Communications Manager to join our firm's Culture & Engagement Team and work with our Digital Capability Family to help attract, engage and retain top talent.
Department description: Human Resources, reporting to the Global Head of Culture & Engagement, with primary alignment to the Digital Capability Family, although some time may also be spent sharing and implementing learnings across the Innovation Service Unit with the support of HR colleagues.
This role will support the Digital Leadership Team in attracting, engaging and retaining key talent and building an inclusive culture where all people in Digital can thrive. The individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of Digital's employee engagement plan, informed by engagement survey findings and local insights. They will drive and communicate progress within Digital and leverage learnings across the wider Innovation Service Unit. They will take an insight-led approach to the design, development and delivery of culture and engagement-related activities, working in alignment with the Global Head of Culture & Engagement and the HR Business Partner within Innovation. Additional priorities will include the design and implementation of plans to support the cultural integration and engagement of recent acquisitions, and generally driving consistent and relevant talent and engagement processes across the business unit.
• Work with the Global Head of Culture & Engagement to design and implement an employee engagement strategy within Digital, analysing quantitative and qualitative feedback to understand barriers to engagement, and making PA's employee value proposition a consistent reality for more colleagues, more of the time. Ensure new initiatives are aligned with global ambitions for engagement and support the creation of a more inclusive and supportive culture at PA.
• Build understanding of engagement priorities and progress via qualitative interventions as required, e.g. focus groups, in order to stay close to the pulse. This may involve spending time on client jobs to understand what Assignment Managers and remote teams need to be successful.
• Design a communication plan for the Digital Capability Family that will support the communication of progress but also look to upweight the engagement potential of key communications and team events, creating a sense of increased inclusion and collaboration.
• Champion firm-wide culture and engagement activities and find ways for colleagues in Digital to get involved, e.g. embed inclusion and diversity activities, and support wellbeing initiatives and events.
• Set and work towards measures of success, notably an increase in employee engagement within Digital and a reduction in attrition.
Other areas of focus:
Align with the relevant corporate HR frameworks to:
• Develop and implement talent initiatives which help to accelerate talent development within Digital, with a specific focus on future leaders within the firm.
• Work with the Learning & Development team to design and implement a technical career path and competency model for colleagues who want to progress within the Digital Capability Family Group, e.g. technical, UX, Design.
• Work with the Learning & Development team to increase understanding at all grades of career progression expectations and processes through clear communication and standardisation of line management quality.
• Design and implement a technical competency model to drive consistency and standardisation of performance expectations in both recruitment and line management.
About PA Consulting Group
• Demonstrable experience in the design and implementation employee engagement and talent and development initiatives
• Change and transformation experience desirable
• Project Management experience desirable
• Experience of working in digital/technology sector desirable
What we're looking for:
• A passion for creating an environment where people can excel
• Strong communications skills
• Self-direction without waiting for explicit guidance
• Awareness of talent management and employee engagement trends in the market and among our competitors
• Able to juggle several priorities at once
• Able to engage and work with multiple senior stakeholders
• Proven ability to influence and build trusted relationships, ensuring transparency and alignment
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
- ms project