- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Engineering Manager (Rail - E&P / Signaling), London and the South - £90,000 + package
Working for a Specialist Division of a top tier National contractor with an annual Turn Over of circa £40M, this role is to provide engineering management and support to their Rail business across Southern England and Wales. Based from London, reporting to the Head of the Rail division, the project focus is E&P or Signaling with values from £300k - £15M. Providing pro-active input to the design and construction process to promote efficient and buildable solutions and ensure standards. Ensure that appropriate resource is allocated across the Rail portfolio in terms of CEM's and CRE's, and monitor performance. (Undertake CEM role on certain projects).
- Manage engineering competency process.
- Appoint and on occasion acting as, CEM's in accordance with Network Rail standards.
- Be pro-active in identifying and implementing engineering improvements.
- Ensure that designs undertaken are efficient and buildable whilst meeting all Clients requirements.
- Be pro-active in the management of health and safety in accordance with the safety responsibility statement, inclusive of regular site visits.
- Be responsible for the implementation and development of quality assurance across the portfolio.
- Manage process change within the engineering functions.
- Undertake or assist investigations when required and produce lessons learnt reports for any incidents or identified operational close calls You will have:
- A relevant Engineering Degree (ideally chartered)
- A detailed understanding of costs, quantities timescales and contract terms
- More than 10 years of engineering experience to include Rail.
- excellent knowledge of H&S best practice and legislation.
- A driving licence
About the company