- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ESaaS sr Engineer - 90223636
Posting Range:18 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
ESaaS Senior Engineer
At ESaaS, we have a simple goal: to solve Barclay’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. ESaaS is built on the popular open source projects — Kafka, Elastic Cloud, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help Barclay’s in all locations do great things with their data. We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Live Operations engineer/ developer to work in collaborative and friendly team on live environment support, onboarding and exciting deliveries.
What will you be doing?
• Working as Live Operations Engineer for our Bank-wide Elastic Stack clusters
• Driving Customer Success though working with the internal ESaaS communities
• Providing and actively helping ESaaS onboarding and integrations as well as provide engineering and automation for new integration patterns.
• Monitoring and providing live support for the ESaaS live clusters in non production and production.
• Incident Management and resolutions.
• Using all Elastic features to provide elaborative and new dashboards for user teams as well as ESaaS own Clusters.
• Participating and helping with architecture and design of new features.
• Contribute your part in the agile delivery, automated testing and ITIL.
What we’re looking for:
• Great Elastic Stack engineering experience and Linux/unix skills at sysadmin levels
• Experienced in live operations support and monitoring including areas where Incident management and customer relationships are essential
• Strong practical knowledge of technologies such as Python, Docker, and Cloud hosting environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
• Someone who is comfortable with a weekend on-call rotation
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A quick on-the-uptake problem solver and I want to learn approaches
• Huge interest in technology and automation
• A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
• Enjoys keeping up to date with the latest in the technical communities and have a track record of delivering scalable backend solutions and APIs.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.