- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eden Scott's is delighted to be working in partnership with a Global legal firm with offices across Scotland.
They are seeking to appoint an Event Manager based in a busy Events Team in Glasgow within the Marketing and Business Development department to ensure the smooth, cost effective and timely management of client events, i.e. seminars, dinners, conferences and corporate hospitality for the UK region, specifically working at office locations in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and London.
- Responsibility for organisation, management and communication of events
- Liaising with the relevant practice group and/or BD lead to establish requirements/speakers/objectives
- Providing advisory and support services to BD managers, fee-earners and international offices
- Preparing and managing budgets
- Identifying, negotiating, booking and confirming suppliers i.e. venue, catering and facilities
- Drafting and finalising invitations in conjunction with fee-earners
- Liaison with Digital Marketing Team to plan, prepare and send mail shots
- Works with the Creative and Brand Services teams to ensure the firm's brand is promoted
- Identify PR / marketing communication opportunities and communicate and manage them as appropriate
- Manage complex internal processes
- Ensure insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- Preparing and/or distributing badges, agendas, handouts and place cards
- Briefing/debriefing with department or main internal contact (pre and post event)
- Collating post event feedback, carrying out analysis and communicating recommendations to stakeholders
- Co-ordinate sponsorship arrangements, including ensuring visibility of the firm's brand, supplying any branded materials, and negotiating agreement as required.
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an Events Manager preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Proven ability to influence senior people
- Ability to communicate and persuade at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate experience of managing a number of events (including international) simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of project and campaign management and marketing plans
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package essential. Good working knowledge of Client Relationship Management (CRM) database, such as InterAction (IA) would be advantageous
Excellent competitive salary dependent on experience with significant company benefits.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to
- ms project