- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £18,900.00 gross per year
You’ll be responsible for planning and coordinating all events’ and experience packages held within the venue. Your key duties will include handling in-bound email and telephone event enquires and working to achieve targeted sales objectives. The Events Coordinator will be responsible for creating function sheets and holding weekly meetings internally to ensure the success of all events.
What we look for…
You’ll be confident dealing with all types of clients and have outstanding multi-tasking and organisational skills. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and the ability to anticipate client’s needs and deliver accordingly. The capacity to work within budgets and keep to strict time-schedules is what we look for in an Event Coordinator. Strong IT skills and excellent communication skills; both verbal and written are essential.
You’ll find a full job description via the link at the bottom of the page but please note that for legal reasons you’ll need to be at least 18 years old and be lawfully allowed to work in the UK.
We have a vision of not just delighting every guest every time but every team member, too. So we offer all kinds of different benefits including our Employee Rewards scheme (vouchers to spend on various goods and services), enhanced holidays provision with length of service, discounts on dining in our venues, discounts on gym memberships, plus many more.
JOB TITLE: EVENTS COORDINATOR
REPORTING TO: Asst F&B Managers / F&B Manager
LOCATION: Alea Casino, however the job holder may be called upon to perform duties at any of the company’s other clubs or locations in the surrounding area as required.
JOB PURPOSE: To coordinate sports, events and experience packages held within the venue.
- • Handling all in-bound email and telephone enquiries for sports, experience package & events enquiries and have accurate answers on availability and suitability.
- • To achieve targeted sales objectives as set by the F&B Manager.
- • To maximise sales opportunities for all events, such as up-selling packages, in addition to chasing provisional bookings to increase conversion rates.
- • To manage the daily administration associated with the job role to include event diary management, payment processing, coordination of event information from the client to the operations team and to provide effective administrative support from the start to the finish of an event.
- • To produce function sheets for all events within the casino, in time for weekly communications meeting. To further update function sheets with any changes which may occur and to update all department managers accordingly.
- • To update all reports and paperwork associated with all events.
- • To update all company systems associated with all events within the casino including:
- • To produce the clients with appropriate paperwork including on-line contracts, invoices, credits and payment processing.
- • Working closely with all departments, including liaising with the F&B, Head Chef and Casino Managers, in order to ensure the success of all events within the casino.
- • To provide the F&B Manager with creative input for the ideas of upcoming internally hosted events.
- • To show prospective clients the area(s) assigned for corporate events. To undertake site visits in a professional and customer focused way.
- • To maximise sales opportunities and control costs within the budgetary guidelines. Co-ordinate event information from the client and provide effective administrative support from the start to the finish of an event to create computerised records of all enquiries, bookings and events.
- �• To assist with sourcing appropriate acts and entertainment for all available areas within the premises.
- • Holding weekly communication meetings.
- • Liaise with the Head Chef and all departmental managers for bespoke bookings and special requests from customers.
- • To work towards achieving departmental and individual revenue targets in order to drive the event revenue income.
- • To assist the management team with the Health & Safety aspects of large scale events and offer support with risk assessments and legal obligations.
- • To coordinate suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of events to ensure all runs smoothly.
- • In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder is required to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.