- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Everyday Banker - 00266627
Primary Location:UK-Tyne and Wear-Sunderland
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
As an Everyday Banker you will be responsible for delivering an efficient, compliant and effective service to Business Banking clients by putting the client at the heart of everything you do, this includes proactively helping clients to respond to their business challenges, also through understanding their business needs and proactively offering solutions. Your actions and behaviours you will help to make Barclays become the go-to bank, helping people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
What will you be doing?
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with customers, demonstrating a commitment to excellence and a high level of seamless customer service in all aspects of the work
• Taking ownership for resolving all customer requests/ complaints at first point of contact in a timely fashion, ensuring that accurate information and guidance is given at all times
• Achieving the best possible outcome for the customer by managing and escalating customer queries, complaints and feedback effectively in line with regulation and Barclays’ policy
• Ensuring that you work in an effective, efficient and compliant manner at all times, for the benefit of yourself, the Bank and the customer, raising any concerns at any time with your manager
• Engaging with key stakeholders from across the business such as Barclaycard, lending, New Customer team and Direct Relationship Team, suggesting ways of improving client satisfaction
• Embodying a ‘Digital Expert’ by proactively guiding and supporting customers through the flexibility of our digital services to ensure they have confidence in using their channels of choice
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework and Barclays’ Policies
• Taking ownership of your own performance and abilities. Support your team to make sure we all have the knowledge, personality and skills to ensure we deliver great customer service
What we’re looking for:
• A genuine interest in the customer, by being customer centric with the ability to demonstrate/evidence customer service experience in a customer facing role
• Experience of working towards personal objectives and standards
• Demonstrating knowledge of current market/industry whilst understanding customers’ journeys and life events to reactively support customers
• Proactively seeking to strengthen a relationship with every interaction
Skills that will help you in the role:
• The ability to learn and develop from each call you take and each customer you help
• Understanding what an exceptional quality call sounds like and proactively developing yourself
• The ability to utilise insights from social media and up-to-date local knowledge to know about what is happening in our customers’ world
• Demonstrate clear communication skills both written and verbal
Where will you be working?
Our Wavertree Park site has recently been renovated into a modern contact centre, offering a warm and friendly environment. You will have access to our on-site staff canteen. Our Wavertree Park train station is within walking distance from the site and there are bus links into the Technology Park.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays, Click here
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.