- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £32,000.00 gross per year
Change Public Practice are working with a Glasgow based independent Chartered Accountancy firm who are looking to add a Newly Qualified/ Experienced Accountant to their team. This role can offer you the opportunity to work with a well-established and varied client portfolio of clients within an organisation who have exciting growth and development plans.
This opportunity would is open to Part-Qualified, Newly Qualified and Qualified-by-Experience Accountants as the key requirement is the ability to produce a set of accounts through to completion with minimal supervision. This role will suit someone with solid general practice experience, including (but not limited to) audit, accounts preparation, payroll, control accounts and VAT reconciliations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of statutory annual accounts for partnerships, LLPs, smaller businesses and charities
- Accounts and bookkeeping duties including providing clients with regular reports
- Producing monthly management accounts - including providing accurate financial and cashflow projections
- Assisting with payroll services
- Preparation of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss account.
- Variance analysis against budget and forecast.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Year End Accounts/Tax for submission
- Budget Planning, monthly VAT returns and reconciliation, monthly recharges.
- Revenue analysis, prepayments, accruals, recurring journals.
- Fixed assets maintenance, payables and other balance sheets accounts.
- Preparation of annual budgets and financial projections
- Preparation of full Trial Balance on a monthly basis for the client and any associated companies
- Cash Flow Forecasts as required
- Assist with any company and associated company taxation issues
- Any other ad hoc work as required
To be considered for this role:
- Part-Qualified / Newly Qualified ACCA/ICAS Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- Have strong experience in the preparation of annual accounts for sole trader, partnerships and limited companies
- Experience of working with Charities clients would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of working with Xero and/or other cloud accounting packages would be advantageous but not essential