- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM, GB
Job Ref: PC/EW | Permanent | Swindon SN5 | Hourly Rate: £9.00 | Closing Date: 31st May 2019
To provide personal support for a disabled lady with dementia and epilepsy living in the community.
To provide general support, encouragement and empowerment, supporting the employer to achieve greater independence through the use of Direct Payments, in experiencing and participating in community based social activities that reflect their interests and aspirations.
24.5 hours each week
- A friendly, warm and caring attitude.
- Punctual, reliable, and well organised.
- Maintains professional standards and confidentiality.
- An empathy with the needs of disabled people.
- Treats people with dignity and respect and adopts a person-centered approach in encouraging and motivating participation with patience and clear explanation.
- Able to record all relevant information and administrative tasks accurately.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work in an empowering manner.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Confident, able to act as motivator and able to draw from general life experience.
- Basic understanding of how to support people with learning disabilities and associated conditions
- A willingness to learn, develop new skills and increase personal knowledge
- Responds sensitively to the needs of others and respects cultural and religious differences and communicates in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Be flexible with hours and attitude
- Must have proven experience of working in an empowering way with individual disabled people.
- Evidence of training and qualifications gained in respect of communicating effectively with people with learning disabilities. A clean, current driving license
- Knowledge of Swindon and the surrounding area
- Basic first aid
- General knowledge of Health & Safety
To apply please email your CV with the job reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service, Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.