- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My client is an established firm, with business services spanning the UK, and growing exponentially in the North. They pride themselves on having an excellent reputation for providing expert witness services within the residential sector.
About the role:
Carrying out inspections on residential properties, to understand, observe and document facts in relation to Housing Disrepair complaints.
* Attending appointments that are made for you at properties. The purpose of the visit is to assess the property and to collect information that will allow the production of an Expert Witness report on the condition of the Property, commenting on whether any damage has been caused as a result of an alleged defective or unsuitable installation of the Cavity Wall Insulation installed at the Property. Ensuring that enough information and data is accurately documented to enable the administration support team to produce an Expert Witness Report.
* Provision of the evidence collected both documentary and with supping images and reading where appropriate. This information is submitted via the companies own CRM.
* Assisting the administration support team with any gaps and/or additional information required.
* As an expert you will be aware that you will need to comply with certain duties and ensure that certain procedures are followed. CPR 35 and CPR PD 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules; and The Civil Justice Council’s Guidance for the instruction of experts in civil claims (“the Guidance”)
* Attending to any 3rd party conference calls/ joint experts’ meetings or calls in establishing key facts and/or answering queries.
* Attending court as and when required.
* Any other separate assignment as is required by the MD
* It is highly desirable that you have previous experience working within Housing Disrepair and Cavity Wall inspections.
* RICS qualification, or working towarfs.
* Attention to detail in ensuring all inspections are fully detailed, covering all bases.
* Strong communication skills, with an ability to articulate key facts in relation to the inspections.
* A drive for continuous improvement – as the company has ambitions for its employees to grow as the company expands its portfolio.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
We are also representing opportunities UK-wide, if you’d like to have a general discussion about your career and future considerations
About the company