- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GPS are recruiting now for a Technical Façade Manager to provide support to the Projects Team with technical input relating to assessing the risk both in terms of design and on site construction of external walls, cladding, facades. Assessing competencies relating to design and site risk management and providing training to both internal and external stakeholders. Ensuring the risk management associated with the external envelope of major projects is done so by competent persons including external consultants. Setting SLA’s for consultants and managing the costs associated with them. As and when required, produce bulletins and / or technical guidance for internal and / or external publication.
- Support the internal major projects team in the assessment of risk to our insurers as related to external walls of buildings of 6 and over storeys (current parameter)
- Manage your own projects (review of façade elements).
- Establish relationships with external façade consultant resources to ensure competency, PI, SLA’s and management of costs.
- Audit quality of service provided by the external consultants
- Delivery of technical solutions to project programme timescales.
- Generate good professional relationships with your counterparts in our customer’s design teams
- Ensure that all projects are properly resourced, with appropriately skilled consultants in the context of external walls, cladding and façade risk management.
- Help the Major Projects team co-ordinate, manage and support the external consultants
- Review reports provided by the consultants to ensure that appropriate / relevant queries are being raised, and are being closed out in timely manner.
- Ensure that risk items that do not present a ‘standard level’ of risk, and which cannot be closed out are escalated in a timely manner.
- Monitor the façade elements of the Design Review Reports (DRR), to ensure that they are being closed out.
- Produce, manage and maintain the façade related sections of the DRR. Provide the Major Projects team with high quality technical guidance
- Provide customers with clear instruction, and explanation on our requirements
- To be cognisant of and capable of relating our policy requirements to the relevant Building Regulation / Technical Manual requirements and how these are achieved via the appropriate application of Approved Documents, British Standards and industry guidance (e.g. from the CWCT, BRE, etc).
Relevant Experience / Skills / Competencies
* The ability to rapidly assimilate information and identify risk. Has the ability to identify both problems and opportunities strongly technically competent
* Time management – Able to manage the his / her own time as well as those of others.
* The position may require travel within the UK and Europe to attend meetings, visit suppliers facilities or witness product / system testing.
* Extensive, proven relevant industry experience
• Proven experience in a relevant design / technical role.
• Proven experience managing external design resources
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook packages
- Preferably to hold a degree that is relevant to this industry sector. Alternatively, to hold a relevant Higher National level education (HND / HNC) and be able to evidence both detailed and extensive time served knowledge that is specific to this industry sector
About the company