- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £11.00 - £14.00 gross per hour
Secondary School in Ilkeston - Facilities Manager - temporary post
Your new company
A large secondary school and sixth form based in Ilkeston are seeking to appoint a temporary Facilities Manager to start mid August for a term of 12 weeks. The school hosts top of the range Sports and Technology Facilities as well as a range of learning rooms.
Your new role
you will work Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00 and when cover is needed for the School Caretaker you will have an earlier start of 6.30am till 2.30pm. There will be a need for flexibility with hours as required.
- All minor repairs as required throughout school grounds.
- Health and Safety testing and reporting.
- Overseeing School Caretaker and 10x Cleaning Staff.
- General maintenance within school.
- Arranging and liaising with contractors as required.
What you'll need to succeed
For this role you must have a experience in a similar role - ideally within a secondary school. You must have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety legislation. You must also hold an enhanced DBS certificate which is registered on the Update Service. If you do not already hold this certificate, you must apply for a new DBS via Hays at a cost of £44.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive rate of pay.
- Good working hours.
- Responsibility of the site from day 1.
- Pleasant working environment.
- Experience working via Hays with the opportunity to progress into permanent positions after the assignment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.