- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £20.00 - £30.00 gross per hour
S3 Science has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Facility Manager to join our client's facility in the internationally recognised academic school of Life Sciences. He/she will be expected to make a major contribution to the technical excellence and successful performance of the facility and to perform his/her duties in a competent manner commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience.
* Lead and manage the organisation and operation of the animal facility delivering the highest standards of animal care, study support and breeding colony management
* Ensure the organisational structure and staffing levels are appropriate to meet the needs of DBS and the research community
* Recruit, train, appraise and develop staff including full responsibilities for performance management
* Liaise with the Transgenic Manager and Researchers to manage the organisation and planning of conventional, transgenic and genetically modified animal breeding programme
* Liaise with the Senior Veterinary Technician and Researchers to assist and arrange work schedules for surgical procedures
* Advise on scientific and technical procedures and compliance with relevant legislation
* Maintain accurate records pertaining to the use of animals in research and ensure robust processes are in place to ensure compliance with legislation
* Develop internal and external networks to ensure best practice and enhancements in procedures and animal welfare are implemented as appropriate
* Ensure the department operates effectively within any budget constraints, including grant management and the maintenance of accurate financial records
* Ensure that a high standard of hygiene control is in place within the DBS animal facilities by training and implementing Standard Operating Procedures
What Experience and Qualifications do I need?
To apply for the role of Facility Manager, you will need to have the following experience and qualifications:
* Experience as a Facility Manager
* Be a current Personal Home Office License holder, with modules 1-4
* Experience of managing Transgenic colonies
* Experience of working with surgical models
* Proven analytical and technical/scientific problem solving capability
* Experience using IVC's and mobile change stations
Are you looking for a job that starts immediately? Great! Have noticed period? Do not worry, they are also happy to wait for the right people too. There are multiple roles so plenty of opportunities there for the right candidate. The application process for this role is QUICK and EASY, and the essentials are enlisted within this advert.
Permitting you match said criteria, simply click and apply to the advert, and if successful, you will be contacted by a member of the team ASAP. Due to the number of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 1 week, unfortunately, you have not been successful for this role.
We have a high success rate in getting people their dream jobs, so please apply today and let us help you get that career you have been waiting for.
Did you know that by applying via an agency, you are 10 times more likely to successfully pass the interview and be offered a role? We ask that you apply solely via ourselves so that we can offer you this extra support
What are the benefits of applying for jobs solely through S3 as a recruitment agency as oppose to applying direct?
You are 10 times more likely to be offered a role via an agency - You get FREE support and extra help providing you apply via our agency only. Please do speak to us first before applying for further roles, as we sadly cannot represent you if you apply directly or have duplicate applications to the same role. Let us do the hard work for you and trust our success rates!
1st hand Exclusive intel on upcoming and potential new jobs - We have access to jobs that you as a job seeker often cannot see (yet). Through many years of partnership with clients, agencies are often the first to hear about profiles that are needed. You could be that 1st CV in front of the hiring manager that is seen before the job advert is even up!
We are trusted - As a well-known and established agency within this very niche sector, we are highly-trusted by the industry employers to find the right people. As a candidate, we would offer solid interview prep that is clear, up to date, revised and well informed. We can offer information, advice, and guidance on getting the job because we know the employers the best!
24/7 helpline - Support during the recruitment stage through to in work support stage. This could be for help with your application, pending interview and even once you are in work. We have a team of ex-industry senior level workers who are here to support you from the application, interview, offer and even when you are successfully placed in work.
So why wait? Apply now to start your career today!!
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status