- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Like to be out and about?
Send your application in!
Your life as a Field Maintenance Operative in the Private Rental Sector
You will be responsible for the property maintenance of our fantastic build to rent properties and either during or at the end of the tenancy period. As well as looking after our properties you will be responsible for the upkeep of our sites including front garden maintenance. You will have a structured day where your appointments are pre booked and we will provide you with all the equipment you need to carry out your job efficiently and effectively.
If tenants are home when you visit, you'll enjoy chatting to them and acting as something of an ambassador, taking the opportunity to make sure they're happy and committing to getting any issues sorted.
You'll appreciate the freedom of going out and about and working independently and relish the responsibility of making sure our properties are in a fantastic condition ready for their new occupier. You'll be absolutely dedicated to meeting deadlines, because you know we always keep our promises to tenants.
What you'll do
- You will be mobile working around the Greater Manchester or Merseyside areas in our Portfolio of Simple Life properties.
- You will be responsible for working in both occupied and void properties undertaking maintenance, both planned and void works.
- You will be undertaking general building maintenance on our Built to Rent properties, fixing doors, windows, handles, repairing fence panels, changing locks, electrical work, painting, cleaning, grass cutting, clearing gutters etc anything that is required to ensure our tenants have a really great first impression when moving in or during their tenancy with us.
- Responsible for providing “Work Completion” reports after every completed job providing details regarding time on site, materials used and photos of works completed.
Who we're looking for
We want to find an experienced individual who takes pride in their work and who has:
- Experience of carrying out basic building maintenance.
- 18th Edition BS7671 certification
- An individual who has a CSCS card.
- Someone who takes pride in their work
- An individual who can manage their time effectively
- Someone who is approachable and has a friendly manner.
- An organised way of working.
- A clean driving licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK and everything it takes to successfully complete pre-employment screening.
- A flexible attitude when it comes to working hours.
What we do
SDL delivers national coverage across the board, in surveying, mortgage services, auctions, property management, lettings and estate agency. In all areas, our revolutionary spirit has the customer at its heart. Within Property Management we provide estate, leaseholder and commercial property management services as well as private rental and build-to-rent services and a unique franchise scheme for property management. Never afraid to do things differently, we are constantly evolving our services in response to customer needs and market opportunities, introducing improvements and innovations that are helping to shape the future of our industry.
What we care about
Revolutionizing our customers' experience is what drives us each and every day at SDL. We thrive on shaking up the industry and doing what it takes to make tenants' lives easier and better. Because they deserve more and we want to be the ones to Wow them.
We believe our greatest asset is our people and by empowering them to make a difference our people can become the best they can be.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year