- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £55,000.00 gross per year
Field Sales / Area Sales Manager (Playground Solutions)
Our client is the market-leading designers and manufacturers of children’s playgrounds in the UK, employing 120; Privately owned since 1876.
What was seen as a traditional industry has now been transformed into a state of the art, innovative market. The last 4 years has seen them revolutionise their product portfolio design and marketing strategy, As a result, they have some of the most innovative playground solutions.
Position: Area Sales Manager
Location: Essex, Beds, Herts,Buckinghamshire.
Salary: £30K Basic OTE £40-55K
Benefits: Company car (Peugeot 3008), Contrib. Pension, Mobile Phone, Laptop, home broadband and printer, 25 days holiday.
About the Role:
They now have a vacancy and wish to recruit a result-orientated sales professional to sell their playground solutions. If you have previous sales experience and the drive and passion to succeed as a Field Sales / Area Sales Manager then our client would love to hear from you.
This is not an 8-10 calls a day sales reps role. This is a 3-5 calls a day within a local authority / council / housing developer, developing relations with key decision makers and identifying current and future opportunities to tender. There are 32 major local authorities on patch, each with on average of 3 key decision makers per local authority.
As part of the role you will also have the support of an internal team which comprises of individuals responsible for quotations / submissions; landscape play design; management and administrative staff. You will also have a dedicated office advisor for your area.
- To sell playground solutions to Local Authorities, Schools, Parishes and Towns, Residential Builders, Architects, Private sector & Developers
- Qualify the customer requirements and advise on the best playground solution depending upon the specific demographics being catered for.
- Undertake site surveys to determine access, ground conditions and dimensions, and take relevant photographic evidence to help with the design. Once collated, design the playground solutions (full training provided on a bespoke playscape CAD system). On larger, more complex solutions, you are fully supported by a dedicated design team based at their head office.
- Formalise and prepare tender documents for submission to client.
- Working in conjunction with the Regional Manager and internal support team, convert those tenders into actual orders, maximising company margin and profits.
- You will need proven customer facing sales experience with evidence of nurturing and developing relationships, identify sales opportunities and have the wherewithal to convert them into confirmed orders.
- If you are not driven to earn serious money with the effort that is involved in doing so; this role is not for you.
- They are genuinely open on the sales background you come from.
- This is not a quick sell. It takes time, patience, planning, persuasive selling skills, and perseverance to win contracts. They need individuals who have these attributes.
- Computer literacy is essential, with skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn and use AutoCAD ( please note that full training will be provided, so no previous experience of AutoCAD is required).
You may have experience of the following: Field Sales Executive, Business Development, Area Sales Manager, Account Manager, Sales Executive, etc.