- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott Molecular are looking for a Field Service Engineer based near a major airport to support the installation of new instruments across Western Europe.
- Become part of a team of experts who support the installation and implementation of Abbott Molecular’s new instrument generation
- Schedule and perform instrument installations of Abbott Molecular instruments in EMEA with strong focus on Western Europe
- Provide first level technical Service support for AMD instruments at customer laboratories or thru remote applications, i.e. failure analysis, repair, hardware and software upgrades
- Provide second level Service support to Base Business Service Engineers in the countries
- Conduct technical training for AMD and Distributor Service Engineers
- Act as the key contact for local Service & Support teams and technical teams at HQ level in Des Plaines and facilitate efficient problem resolution
Requirements / Work experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelors / Engineering degree in biomedical / electrical / mechatronic or medical technology is preferred.
- Proven track record in a similar position supported by management and customer references.
- Successful engagement with customers, specifically lab staff.
- Technical expert for product line responsibility.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel across Europe
- Ability to identify and drive resolution of issues.
- Strong experience in use of analytical tools and software.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are an advantage
United Kingdom Maidenhead : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.