- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER, GB
Reporting to the Finance Manager-Food Operating and Logistics expenses, this role is accountable for working as part of a high performing team in a fast-moving shared service environment where passion, creativity and excellence are key. This role will incorporate working alongside the Finance Manager for Logistics, marketing & operating costs in the BSC as well as working closely with Senior Finance stakeholders based in the London Food Finance teams. You will be seen as a key business partner, responsible for all month end close and reporting for food operating, marketing and logistics costs. You will build strong and trusted partnerships with the Heads of Food finance and their teams, as well as other operational areas. You will provide financial support and drive a profit-centric mindset in order to maximise business performance, optimise spend and minimise costs
About the role Your key accountabilities will include:
- Manage relationships with internal business food business partners whilst delivering required financial information
- Manage food logistics month end close to include accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Manage elements of operating costs and marketing, working closely with London team on delivering the month end close
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, highlighting risks and opps to required stakeholders across the foods team
- Prepare monthly packs for both foods BSC team and London Finance team to be presented at balance sheet reviews
- Manage the recharge and equalisation process working closely with third party logistics providers and Finance Manager to ensure agreed timelines are met
- Delivery of accurate reporting on performance, variance analysis and insights across operating expenses and logistics Budgets
- Build strong relationships with key business partners, managing regular dialogue to continue to drive improved performance, both within the direct team, food logistic team in London, third party logistics providers and the wider Business Service Centre
- Business partnering for food budget holders, supporting them when required, particularly around the annual planning and reporting process.
- Supporting the Senior Finance Managers with ad hoc review and analysis in London & BSC
- Work effectively as part of the wider finance team, influencing better and more informed decision making across all cost areas
- Drive ongoing technology enabled process automation
- Develop a continuous improvement culture within the team to ensure that the service is being delivered in the most effective way, putting the customer at the heart of everything the team delivers.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and solid knowledge of fundamental accounting principles are essential.
About you Your skills and experience will include
- An Accounting background, part qualified CIMA / ACCA qualification
- Experience managing operating expenses/Logistics in P&L is desirable
- Strong commercial awareness to identify any risks / opportunities to the business and make relevant recommendations to resolve
- Strong ability to resolve complex issues
- Must be comfortable comparing high volumes of data in different systems and providing insight from this.
- Exceptional stakeholder management / business partnering skills with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritise workload with a flexible & proactive approach is crucial
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of using SAP
- Strong accounting skills with previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment